Digital Transformation is accelerating in almost every primary sector and transforming their operations in today’s Tech Space. The approaches and strategies to run the organizations are changing, whether it’s IT, Ecommerce, Healthcare, or Education. People are getting creative and innovative. You must have seen it as well. For example, people have taken to using Zoom based online systems as a new way to broadcast live streams, educational lessons, meetings, etc. It’s cheap, easy, and feels like a logical step towards digitization, but the question is – is it the right step? Is it effective? The Answer is NO!
These online systems are far from what you need to share online. It may cost you less in fees but can cost you a lot in terms of privacy and long-term growth.
With no integrated software, it’s easier for intruders to show up. Moreover, when it comes to education, teachers might need special training to use online systems, or students might not be taking the classes seriously. And due to network problems, the systems crash, which leads to the class not understanding the topics clearly.
In addition to that, they do not have the tools and resources that educators require for effective eLearning, which is why a dedicated application for education purposes becomes essential. It can provide students and teachers all the resources or features that they need to teach and secure the information shared.
- E-Learning Mobile Application
- How eLearning Mobile App Works?
- Software Features for Effective Online Classes
- Emerging Technologies in E-learning
- Benefits of Developing a Custom Solution
- Our Edtech App Development Services
- Why Choose aTeamIndia as your eLearning Tech Partner?
E-Learning Mobile Application
According to Global Market Insights, Mobile Learning has emerged to be the most in the eLearning Market. The market size is projected to increase by 8% over the next 5-6 years. This market is growing because learners use mobile apps for eLearning as they find accessing it more essential, easier, and engaging.
How eLearning Mobile App Works?
The eLearning mobile apps are mainly accessed by four users, i.e. Educators, Learners, Parents, and Super Admin. There is no space for intruders, like other online systems.
- Learners (Students) – The primary target audience of the eLearning Mobile Apps are the students, which is what the whole business model revolves around. The students download and register on the app with the required information and select their desired courses. Students get to access and subscribe to multiple courses and make payments for the same. They get provided with the video lessons, notes, and other material within the app, which they can access whenever they want. Moreover, with mobile apps, they can track their progress, customize, and set-up their profiles as well.
- Educators (Teachers) – eLearning apps provide teachers with unique features that they might need. They can sign-up as teachers, upload, and sell their own designed courses to their audience. With this, they also get to track their activities, interact with subscribed students, and even have customized profiles.
- Parents – In case the student is too young, parents can login and subscribe to courses on their behalf. This way they can track their performance and progress of their child.
- Admin – Admin manages all activities on the app, manages users, and views the statistics i.e. overall income, active users, active courses, etc. The admin can add or remove or suspend the users in case of any violation of the terms of using the application.
Software Features for Effective Online Classes
Technology is evolving every day, making online learning platforms more advanced and efficient. To gain the competitive edge in the market, the app needs to have some unique features to boost efficiency further and increase customer satisfaction. Here are the features that eLearning app must have –
- Online Course Catalogue – Your LMS (Learning Management System) needs to have a user-friendly navigation system with online courses lists, with a shopping basket. So, users can easily navigate and buy or subscribe to the courses and start eLearning efficiently. A clean, intuitive and adaptive design.
- Content Security – Educators put a lot of effort in creating content for learners, therefore, concern about content security is natural. The application must ensure server security, encryption types and other such technologies which keep the data safe. There should be a clear understanding of who can access the data and how it can be used.
- Mobile Learning – According to a report, the mobile learning market is projected to reach $37.60 billion by 2020. You LMS should facilitate seamless learning on mobile devices, even without being connected to the internet. The system should work on both android and iOS devices, allowing learners to access content directly from mobiles or tablets instead of investing much time in laptops.
- Integrates Games and Gamification – LMS should be engaging for learners. Therefore, gamification is an essential tool to keep them motivated through online courses. According to the report, the gamification market is said to reach $22.9 billion by 2022. The Learning management system must now allow gamification applications to be integrated in them and provide a special gaming experience to learners.
- Generates Reports and Analytics – Learners should be able to track and analyze their performance and progress of the courses subscribed. The LMS should generate reports which help students address their weak or strong areas. This way teachers can take remedial actions and offer personalized learning. Additionally, reports and analytics help boost educator’s ROI and ensure the course’s success.
Emerging Technologies in E-learning
With eLearning software development evolving exponentially, meeting users’ needs and requirements, it has brought extensive change in the education sector. Let’s look at the emerging technologies that are taking eLearning to the next level –
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality – AR and VR have been buzzing topics in the education sector for making eLearning experience more engaging. Both of these technologies allow 3D tech, real-life demos and make students’ learning experience more interactive. They help students learn complex concepts more easily by helping them visually see something rather than having to imagine it.
- Big Data Analytics – Big Data has revolutionized and is the future of the eLearning industry, in terms of data generated by users while taking an eLearning course. With Big Data Analytics, creators can easily create more engaging, personalized and informative study modules by understanding consumer behavior and demand. Big data integrated in eLearning has boosted prospects and analysis from the users leads to success of the platform.
- SMS and LMS – School Management Systems (SMS) and Learning Management Systems (LMS) help both teachers and students to manage their daily academic or administrative activities easily and effectively. They save time and money, provide customizable courses, help analyze the performance and improve the weak parts or allow teachers to provide solutions based on the student performances.
- Virtual and Remote Classes – Virtual classes are applications that emulate real classes, eliminating the issue of no interactions. With these, it has become easy for students and the teachers to connect, interact, communicate or collaborate. Virtual classes can be accessed from anywhere, without the need of a physical system and students can practice in a safe environment. It has benefitted both the platform and its users.
- Cloud Computing – Cloud computing has boosted eLearning. It allows utilization of gadgets, circulation of digital modules on cloud, which has made accessing data easier. Cloud computing helps educators share data only with those intended and not post on public domain. This has resolved the issue of copyright infringement and made uploading faster.
- Microlearning – With Micro learning, educators can prepare content modules in small sizes, yet giving substantial meaning. These small modules are deployed quickly, economical to build and can be updated easily. For instance, webinars, podcasts, infographics etc. Microlearning has helped professionals keep up-to-date or take up eLearning courses to upscale their knowledge within a short period of time.
- Personalized Learning – eLearning provides you with the option of personalized content, which was not available in traditional learning methods. Personalized learning allows customization as per student’s strengths, interest and skills. It includes e-tutorials, videos, digital study material, tailored-made to meet any individual’s understanding capabilities.
Benefits of Developing a Custom Solution
Custom solutions offer significant advantages over off-the-shelf solutions. No matter what software you buy, there will always be manual manipulation of the data to connect your software stack. But by developing a Custom eLearning Solution you get out-of-the-box advantages of business process management and digital transformation.
Custom eLearning apps can provide learners with real-life scenarios that are applicable to them. This will drive more engagement by motivating them to learn. And for businesses, they can focus on their target audience more efficiently. Audience analysis can be conducted to provide better content and improve retention rate.
You get it Built, You Own it, You Pay only Once!
● Add Features Based on Your Existing System
● Data Migration
● Add a Custom Workflow for Effectiveness
● Add Features Based on Your Needs
● Content Security
● Mold it According to the Teachers and Students
● Add Blended and Collaborative Learning Features
● Easy Upgradation
● Maximum Technology Investment & Increase ROI
Furthermore, custom eLearning apps lets you set goals and objectives according to the customer behavioural changes, which are relatively easy to track and address with a custom app.
- Paperwork is reduced.
- Application’s automated software works 24*7
- Submissions processes are simplified
- Apps are more dynamic and user-friendly
- Custom apps lets you customize real-time reports
Moreover, you can add different panel features for students, teachers and admin. Customizable bulletin board, practice tests, document management modules, forum, push notifications, CRM & CMS integration, Payment Integration.
It also allows you to make the application multilingual to reach a wider customer base and increase the ROI!
Our Edtech App Development Services
Lower costs, information retention, Live classrooms through video streaming, remote monitoring, better flexibility etc. are the reasons why educational institutes are encouraged to switch from traditional learning methods to Edtech Solutions.
We develop customized and end-to-end EdTech solutions for educational institutions around the world. Our EdTech App Development Services include –
- Real-Time Analytics and Reporting management Software
We develop software which produces powerful insights of the data, which helps track Learners’ and Educators’ performances and all activities to analyze progress and improve productivity.
- Staff/Teacher Management software
A software with which you can manage staff’s schedules and attendance, send class reminders to them, manage their leaves and provide syllabus for certain grades etc.
- Real-time Collaboration and Video Communication
Customize schedules, plan virtual meetings, provide corporate training, assess and collaborate with groups online – all with WebRTC based solutions.
- LMS Integration and Customization
Improve students’ learning experience with third-party integrated tools or apps, which include virtual classroom, voice-based communication and digital blackboards.
- Content Creation and Management Software
Teachers and Admins can upload any type of content in different forms i.e. videos, images, animated graphics, GIFs and Audio with a robust CMS, with interactive plugins.
- Educational App Development
Student friendly applications providing interactive and innovative features such as video calling, live classrooms and animated graphics to improve their learning experience.
- VR/AR-enabled Education solutions
With computer vision paired with Machine Learning, applications have highly customized recognition and realistic behavior in Virtual learning and real-time collaboration.
- Remote Proctoring
Get next-generation assessment and remote proctoring solutions, integrated with your LMS. The development services also include biometric security solutions, web-based mock tests, online test applications.
Why Choose aTeamIndia as your eLearning Tech Partner?
Education technology is becoming a global phenomenon, and as distribution and platforms scale internationally, the market is projected to grow at 17.0% per annum, to $252bn by 2020.
– EdTechXGlobal Report
Education apps are revolutionizing the industry and they are the future. Thus, to ensure the building of a fully-functional, innovative, adaptive and interactive eLearning Mobile App, it is important to choose the right tech partner. And we have the right experience and team to provide you with all that you require.
We will help you transform your learning practices to meet all the educators’ and as well as learners’ requirements with interactive and innovative EdTech Solutions.
We, at aTeamIndia Software Solutions, possess immense experience in developing interactive e-learning applications, educational learning software etc. with enriched features and performance and have done various B2B and B2C eLearning projects.
We’d love to tell you about one of our educational projects.
Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
With the emerging dependency on smartphones, the app development industry has seen tremendous growth. Technology keeps evolving and with rapid increase in innovations, developers are now gluing their eyes on the app development tools or frameworks, to minimize the app development time and get the work done more effectively.
According to the Statista, the total number of mobile applications in both the App Store and Google Play has crossed 4.1 billion mark, with 75.16% share of Android apps and 21.98% of iOS. The bar keeps increasing as 83% of businesses target to launch an app on Google Play Store, whereas 59% of respondents develop apps for Apple’s App Store.
When you think about building a mobile app, you have to make informed decisions to create an app which is powerful, efficient, as well as cost effective. And the moment you make a decision to invest in a mobile app, you’re faced with the terminologies, which is Hybrid vs Native Applications. What’s the difference between Native Apps and Hybrid Apps and which type would be most appropriate for you or your business?
Many companies face a similar situation — What should we choose? Therefore, it is important for you to know the difference between both platforms so you can select the one which suits and fulfills your business’s purpose.
In a nutshell:
The debate between choosing Native Mobile Apps vs Hybrid Mobile Apps vs Web Apps has still no clear winner because they all have their own benefits. Each Operating Platform (OP) is leading in its own way. Though developing either of them i.e. Native Android or iOS App is a costly deal, whether it is for a well-established enterprise or a startup. Which is why most of the businesses, even Startups and SMEs, choose hybrid mobile apps while developing an application, as it allows them to run the app, with a single codebase set, on multiple platforms, including iOS, Android, and Windows.
This article aims to aid your decision of choosing the right mobile application platform for your business, by providing you a sound understanding regarding the difference between native apps vs. hybrid apps, their pros and cons. Let’s figure it out!
Native App vs Hybrid App: What’s the Difference?
Native Applications are developed for a specific platform like Android, iOS or Windows. These applications are built using the framework that are compatible with the corresponding platform and are officially supported by the Operating Systems. For Android, it’s primarily Java and Kotlin, whereas for iOS, it’s Apple’s Swift or Objective-C. Native Mobile Apps have a faster and more responsive interface. They do not always require an active internet connection.
Both Native and Hybrid applications can be distributed on App Store and Google Play.
As it was mentioned earlier in the article that both have their own pros and cons, let’s have a brief view of both.
Native app Development: An overview
Native applications need to access all the functionalities of the hardware to work on the device’s OP (Operating Systems). SDK or Software Development Kit is provided to the developers by the platforms, which is a powerful combination of tools. This helps developers to create high-performance apps on a particular platform. The SDK Kit contains a certain set of tools, code samples, libraries, documentation, and guides. There are IDEs (Integrated Development Environment) which have a code editor, a compiler and a debugger, that you can use for writing and testing the software.Apple provides Xcode, whereas Google provides Android Studio.
Benefits of Native Mobile App Development
The coding in native app development is done for various platforms, thus, the app has different versions with utilized programming language, specified to each operating system. The apps are optimized for iOS and Android, keeping all the factors in mind i.e. battery use, memory etc. This makes the app run much more flawlessly with impressive speed.
Interactive and Intuitive
In Native apps, one specific platform’s functionalities can be tailored to give it a more unique set of elements. They inherit their respective device’s interface and allow users to navigate through the functionalities smoothly. In addition to this, Native Apps can also run in offline mode.
Accessing the Full Feature Set of Devices
Native apps allows developers to access all the features or functionalities of the Operating system and the hardware of the device, giving them full advantage to execute better user experience. For instance, Camera, microphone, GPS etc. can be accessed. Another huge advantage of Native app development is Push Notifications.
Disadvantages of Native Mobile App Development
Native apps require more time to build because each platform needs a separate set of coding. Which means, if you are building an app for both iOS and Android, you need more time to work on both simultaneously.
The complexity of developing native apps demands more labor. Due to the tricky programming, it requires more qualified developers as well as time, hence more costly.
Require frequent updates
Frequent updates and bug fixes need to be uploaded to the app store. If users do not update the app and face any glitches, they might abandon it.
Native app Examples
· Google Maps
Hybrid App development: An Overview
While the basic definition of Hybrid apps was mentioned earlier, let’s dive into the variations and understand how it works.
Though in Hybrid App development, specialized APIs are used, which means third-party tools are necessary to access certain features and that puts a limitation to various capabilities of the application. But Hybrid apps have their own advantages which make them more popular amongst most businesses.
Benefits of Hybrid Mobile App Development
Work on multiple platforms
Hybrid apps have cross-platform capabilities which means they can run smoothly on both iOS and Android with one codebase.
Hybrid apps have lower development costs as compared to Native apps because developers use web technologies and there are ready-made components available.
Fast Development process
Hybrid apps do not require different codes for different platforms. A single codebase handles both iOS and Android, which takes much less time.
Easier to update
Due to a single codebase, hybrid apps do not have to work on separate platforms to make changes. Same updates can be applied to all platforms.
Disadvantages of Hybrid Mobile App Development
The framework of Hybrid apps does not support or provide every feature of native apps. These apps rely on plugins which can be unreliable and have no accessibility over certain parts of the device.
Hybrid apps create an additional layer between the source code and targeted mobile platform, which can create performance and debugging issues.
While hybrid apps look like native apps, they still lack the rich experience which native apps can provide. Hybrid apps may also lag 3D graphic elements.
Hybrid app examples
Let’s take a look at some top-notch applications that are Hybrid.
One of the leading social media apps, which allows people to share photos and videos, has very high user engagement every day, is Hybrid. It is powered by HTML5 and has the ability to support offline data.
A great example of hybrid app development, which supports rich media and lets the end-user access the features even in offline mode. Not only that, it allows you to send messages, post stories with creative tools i.e. filters, and has IGTV option as well.
Another great example of Hybrid App is Uber. The most popular taxi-booking app, with a simple yet intuitive user interface and easy navigation tool. This user friendly hybrid application runs on m.uber.com which provides a WebView on the app and helps users book cabs hassle-free.
Google, a pioneer of HTML arena, leveraged its power to redefine user experience with Gmail, a hybrid app, with its advanced features. It also lets users access data offline. Along with multiple account support, it provides 15GB free data storage to store messages.
Gmail was only powered by HTML earlier but to make it more seamless, it now has native elements as well, which makes it a great hybrid app.
As one of the most popular productivity mobile applications, Evernote is an extremely high-performing hybrid app, with an elegant and intuitive design. This app has a multi-device sync capability and its seamless functionality can be mistaken for a native app.With quick and easily accessible home screen widgets, the app lets you scan or capture anything, sync important notes, share memos and keep your thoughts organized.
Top 3 hybrid app development framework
It is a mobile UI technology powered by Google, that allows you to build fast-performing hybrid apps. Flutter is an open source platform for developers to create highly-interactive cross-platform hybrid apps. It is an extremely flexible platform which provides a lot of libraries, widget, one-time writing code.
Its dynamic interface and portable GPU rendering help you work on multiple interfaces. Google Flutter uses Dart, a programming language, which draws its own interface and use native components.
– Allows you to localize the apps and achieve a wider audience.
– Supports a wide range of IDEs i.e. Virtual Studio Code, Xcode and Android Studio.
– Equipped with ARM (Advanced RISC Machines)– Allows developers to access Native Features and SDKs
The major asset of Ionic framework is it focuses on interface and builds apps which feel and look like native.
It allows you to reuse the components on the web as well as mobile platforms, which save a lot of time.
Native experience we can gain using React Native because of its bridging and so it also provides almost similar native experience as Native apps.
Other features– Can be implemented on existing apps
– Lets you see the changes made in the codebase
– Uses Native components to make the app look and feel like native
Even though Flutter and React native differ from Hybrid definition (Web View), we had placed it there because of the cross platform development from single code base and development time. Essentially they provide native experience with widgets in flutter and using bridge in ReactNative. But when comparing to Objective C, Swift and Java, they cant be treated as Native technology aswell.
Why is time to Market important?
Building a mobile app is a time-consuming process and how soon you want your app in the market matters. Native apps take quite a lot of time to develop. While, hybrid apps have better TTM (Time to Market). A single codebase which runs everywhere is the reason behind reduced TTM. It also allows you to customize the app by making changes in a single code, which means faster updates.
Hybrid app development is a good option if you want to introduce your app before your competitors. But the standard of UX and performance of the app drops. Though Native apps might seem like a better option on paper but a lot of factors need to be considered before choosing especially in case of a startup.In the world of startups, speed is a very crucial point. How fast you can make your app available in the market determines the success of your business. Which is why Hybrid app development is the best option. Also considering, a startup’s environment can be really sensitive, iterating the product ahead of the rivals is also very important, which makes Rapid app or hybrid app prototyping crucial.
Rapid Prototyping cuts time to market
It means building a detailed model of the application and creating a visual and graphic representation or designing the concept afterwards. The idea needs to be validated early in the app development process.
Some business owners consider prototyping a waste of time and it has a number of benefits. It clarifies the requirements, users’ needs and preferences beforehand, which minimizes the potential risks. With a clear vision of what needs to be built, it also reduces the app development time.Another point which needs to be taken into account is the MVP (Minimum Variable Product)While developing an app, you need to decide which feature you want. When it comes to getting your app in the market as soon as possible with a budget and limited resources, getting your hands on every shiny feature is not possible. Rather, a small set of features which will make an impact in the market need to be picked up and executed accordingly. The features you think will make the most impact must make it to the top of the list of app’s prototype.
Considering all the factors, hybrid app development is recommended for startups and other small businesses. It has better TTM and is sufficient for the business’ purpose laid out.
Preferences of companies in mobile apps
Research shows that Small to mid-range market companies tend to choose Hybrid apps over Native app development due to its cost-effectiveness and more supportability. These can be built with common front-end technology and do not require a highly-advanced platform-specific developer, which means they can even use their existing tech team. Meanwhile, big enterprises are most likely to Native apps. They have the budget and resources to support Native app development and its maintenance or even hire experts who work within the enterprise. Some of the popular native applications by large companies include Instagram, LinkedIn, Google Maps etc.
This is not to say that big companies completely avoid Hybrid app development. It depends on the nature of business. If a company needs to access every functionality of the device, they would go for Native, even if it is a small startup. Some of the Hybrid apps by major companies are Gmail, Amazon App Store etc.
Though Hybrid app development has some flaws, it is still gaining popularity amongst most businesses due to its easy availability and it’s making its way to become the future of app development.
Common main points to be singled out
- Hybrid apps are cost effective apps amongst the two.
- Hybrid apps take less time to build due to its single codebase.
- Native apps have better performance records due to its customized specifications.
- Native apps have better UI and are more reliable and secure.
- Maintenance of Hybrid apps is easier than of Native apps.
How to Decide which is best for my Product?
If you’re looking for a direct answer, there isn’t one. Each of these mobile app development processes have their own benefits and the ultimate decision solely depends on your business’s unique needs and which one can fulfill them. You need to keep all the factors in mind i.e. Cost, Market / Target Audience, Functionalities, maintenance, resources to be used etc.
Hybrid app is best for –
If you are on a budget with limited time and resources, and do not want to maintain separate codebases, then Hybrid app is a way to go. Hybrid apps are also the best option if you are looking forward to test a market by building an MVP (Minimum Variable Product)
Native app is best for –
If you have surplus time, a big budget to hire specialized developers and want customized features by accessing all the functionalities of the device’s hardware, then Native app development is your go-to.
Still confused? We provide free consulting to help you find the right solution that is flexible and cost-effective and perfectly corresponds to your business goals and IT strategy. Drop a mail to email@example.com
Hire Software Developers With the Ability to Turn Your App Idea Into Reality By Simply Leveraging the Latest Technology.
Project Management and Staffing are the two common and most important operational tasks for the service providers in the IT Industry, along with productivity maintenance and performance management. However, the pandemic has turned the tables around and complicated the core of operational metrics for the IT companies all around the world. The overwhelming impact has forced people to self-isolate and work from home. And to stay sustainable in this environment, companies have had to adapt to more flexible management approaches. The trends in the industry have taken a different direction as well and to keep up with the pace, companies are now incorporating the new software development trends into their work environment.
“There’s a whole new era of change. Software Development is in the new phase and is evolving”
The lockdown and office closures have created new chaotic patterns for the operational teams and IT companies are re-evaluating their analytics, software development operations, productivity measures and budget allocations.
Let’s get a clear picture of how 2020 has changed the way IT industry works and where does software development stand –
- There is an unparalleled demand for capacity and speed.
- Remote working has provided an untapped potential for software development companies in the staffing process, as developers are expanding their ecosystems.
- New ways of communication have been enabled i.e. “touch-less” & “virtual” approaches.
- Work from home has affected productivity maintenance as some teams find collaboration or collaborative productivity hard.
Software development has been the pillar for many companies and it continues to be so in 2020 as well. The industry is full of opportunities, however, the landscape is changing. Existing technical skills and practices are being updated constantly. Which is why businesses are picking up and learning the new practices i.e. trends and evolutions in the software development space.
In this article, we will discuss how the industry is evolving and where it is headed, which will help you get insights about the software development landscape. This will help you in further improving your team of developers and keeping up with the rapidly changing industry trends. Furthermore, we will tackle the management-related challenges i.e. hiring, outsourcing and managing developers, creating a top-performing team.
- Software Development Trends 2020
Managing Software Development
Tech companies face a lot of challenges in software development. What are these challenges? Have the issues shifted over the years? Let’s have a look and analyze how they can be tackled by the managers.
According to the report by Coding Sans, Capacity is the biggest challenge, due to its limitation, while the backlog is full. The second challenge being Knowledge Sharing, which suffers when the deadline is near and the backlogs are full.
Biggest Challenges in Software Development
Capacity – This challenge is overcome by implementing agile methods to improve existing practices by training developers to use them and hiring more developers to increase the work-load. Recruiting or outsourcing to contractors, both practices work.
Sharing Knowledge – Sharing knowledge is a means to optimize work routine, mentoring juniors and setting up a system for software developers. Pair programming and code reviews are the most common ways to share knowledge.
Though the challenges differ for developers and managers due to the differences in their job roles. Let’s take a look at the chart which depicts the biggest challenges faced by Managers, over the years 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Biggest Challenges faced by Managers
It was noted that the top most challenge for managers was Capacity, followed by second hiring talent, which has not changed for the last 3 years. The lack of workforce is still an industry-wide problem faced by the managers and naturally, the developers are less worried about hiring and more concerned about knowledge sharing between the team members.
Furthermore, there can be seen a significant disparity in Time management over the years, which has declined for good. And the rest of the challenges are evening out.
Outsourcing Software Development
Dealing with Capacity is the top-most challenge faced by tech companies, along with hiring developers.
“Outsourcing software development seems to work as a quick fix for the Capacity & Hiring problem.”
According to the report, 37,38% of the companies have fully or partly outsourced software development to contractors in the last 12 months, while 62,52% haven’t fully grasped the idea.
The percentage further divides into three categories – Software Development Companies, Freelancers and Both. 56% of the work was outsourced to the software development companies, 25% to the freelancers and rest 19% was mixed of both.
Out of the companies who opted for outsourcing, only 17.17% were dissatisfied with their outsourced work.
These numbers clearly show that the demand for software development companies i.e. agencies or contractors has surged up. Companies facing staffing challenges are now more inclined towards outsourcing the work, and here is why –
Around 83% of the developers are either not actively looking for a job or interested in new job opportunities. This may be because they are highly satisfied with their current job, which leaves less managers with the low bandwidth of talent available in the market.
Only 17.3% of developers are actively looking for a job, while 25.1% are not interested in new opportunities.
Considering the employment status of the developers, 70.99% of professional developers are already employed as a full-timer. Looking at the data, a total of 92% of the professional developers are employed at-least as a part-timer. 12% of all the hired software developers are students and 8.9% freelancers or contractors.
Though the data was recorded during the pre-pandemic period and since the dynamics have now changed, there has certainly been a rise in outsourcing of software development. Even the companies which were not open to it before are now making a gradual shift towards the new ‘redefined’ scenario.
Remote work is how companies are sustaining in 2020. It’s not the ‘future’ anymore, it’s the current scenario.
There has been a dramatic acceleration in Digital Transformation and the way of working has completely changed.
“Remote working is the present”
76.54% of the companies allowed remote work in the past year and more companies are planning on implementing it.
At the rate at which things have changed or are changing and companies are adapting to the new working practices, the trends show that there will be further rise in remote work culture.
Tools and Tech
In this section, we’ll glance over the most popular programming languages and tools used for testing, project management, version control and communication. With time, new technologies are gradually pacing up and gaining momentum.
Programming Languages Trends –
Going further down the list, TypeScript (26.32%) has edged out Python and C in terms of popularity. Additionally, Ruby and Swift lost ground over the years.
Development Tools Trends –
A wide variety of tools are used by the developer teams for testing, project management and communicating while working on a project. There are a plethora of tools all of which can not be listed on charts but here are the most popular software development tools in 2020. The following charts, in no particular order, are from the Stack Overflow and Coding Sans reports of Software Developing Trends 2020.
GitHub (82%) is the most commonly used Collaborative Tool by professional developers. Slack is the second favourite of 53%.
For Testing – 75.25% of the companies use tools for software testing. Out of which, Jest (34.22%) is the most used testing tool, followed by Selenium (29.66%).
24.75% of the companies do not use any software testing tools and when asked about the limitations of using software testing tools, these were the factors that were mentioned.
According to the survey, the chart below shows the most popular Project Management, Communication and SCM (Source Control Client) Tools of 2020.
Slack remains the most popular tool used by developer teams.
Earlier, most of the software development companies used to communicate face-to-face, the project deadlines, milestones or releases were mostly done in-person. Around 60% of the tasks were communicated via in-person meetings, followed by 46% which relied on tracking tools.
Though considering other factors, there has been a massive trend change in recent times and Tools like Google Hangouts, Microsoft Teams and Zoom have gained immense popularity, taking a step forward. Due to the fast-paced digitalization happening around the world at the moment, the demand for communications has rapidly increased. So far so, Google Hangouts (now termed as Google Meets) and Microsoft have made these tools free for organizations to use. This is the result of more companies allowing remote work.
The tech companies are always on the lookout to update their tech tools to improve their overall work efficiency. Innovations happen quickly and hence, there is always ongoing research about new development tools. Around 75% of developers tend to learn new technology at least every few months or once a year to keep improving their skillset.
Hiring developers is a crucial part for companies and it is a challenge for managers, along with employee retention.
These are the hiring practices used over the last 3 years and out of all the methods of hiring developers, it’s seen that employee referral is still the most popular one. Followed by in-house recruitment (14.16%). However, Online portals and recruitment agencies have been slowly gaining momentum.
Currently, with most of the work being handled remotely, the usage of online portals might see a further increment.
Looking at the criteria of the companies, while hiring developers – “willingness to learn” remains the most essential trait. Cultural Fit being the second, followed by Technical Skill Evolution and then comes the work experience which seems a little less important now than it was years ago.
“Soft Skills have surpassed College Degree”
Companies are now emphasizing on factors other than formal education, for instance – Soft Skills are also evaluated and according to the survey, they have surpassed formal education. However, when the professional developers were asked for their stance on formal education, this was the result –
Importance of Formal Education
Around 84% of the professional developers feel that formal education is at least somewhat important. However, 16% believe that it is not at all necessary.
“Hands-on experience experience matters more than having a piece of paper – Education Degree”
Another challenge for managers after hiring the right talent is to retain them when there is already scarcity in the industry. Managers need to keep their developers’ team motivated, while they work to keep them satisfied with the job. Most of the companies keep their team motivated by showing team spirit and providing challenging or engaging work. There’s also an emphasis on Autonomy and creating a unique product.
While these are the traits the managers look for while hunting talent, let’s have a look at what developers expect from a job.
Company’s culture seems to be the most important factor for the developers, which is why employer branding is important. Most of the companies put themselves out there as a workplace with a cool working environment but if the employer branding is done right, it will make your company more visible and transparent for potential employees, making them more likely to apply.
For this, there has to be honesty, with a clear picture of the company’s policies and culture. Furthermore, the job position has to be defined carefully and clearly, stating the requirements and task description of the job. Once the accurate picture is out there in the market, the hiring process is more effective.
Performances of the developers differentiate them into average and top-performing teams. The performance is measured on various metrics.
As you can see, working software is the number 1 measurement for top performers. Completed tasks come next in line. Though the difference between the measurements is small, it is significant.
It is noted that top-performers focus more on code readability and test coverage. When it comes to problems faced by them, they face delivery problems with the lack of defined deliverables and making correct estimations.
Whereas, the biggest problem faced by average developers is unrealistic expectations, followed by the two same problems faced by top-performers. Along with that, there are also issues of missing key skills or coordination.
Meanwhile, managers face problems such as unrealistic expectations, estimations, requirements and prioritization and the budgeting.
There have been ground-breaking changes in the tech industry since last year. The pandemic has altered software development trends in one way or another. From hiring teams to retaining them, managing teams to meeting the business objectives – the way of working and task implementation has taken a new direction.
This article has covered all the current trends, what challenges do the software development company managers face, how the organizations are altering their tactics and the estimations of what is there to come in future.
If you need developer help for your projects, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What do we do?
We are backed by a pool of expert and experienced developers, working with the latest development tools to deliver full-fledged products within strict deadlines. We address the challenges of the dynamic market and keep up with the trends, building high-quality products, tailored to meet your specific business requirements.
2020 has been a year of transformation and of all, Web application development is accelerating at an aggressive rate. Web apps with user-friendly interfaces are in high demand. But when it comes to developing an app, there are certain factors which define and add to the application’s success. Users look forward to the look or feel of the app, its design and if it works on their desired platforms. Therefore, the development of Web applications should not be limited to smartphones but also be able to run on any browser i.e. PCs, laptops, other mobile devices etc.
The process of deciding about turning an idea into a reality and building a successful web application can cause a dilemma. Which type of application should be built? What technology stack has to be selected for it to successfully work? And lastly, building the right development team for effectively completing the tasks. Because building an app is not just about its UX or UI, its maintenance, security and stability also play an important role, for which the development team is essential. Moreover, while you’re busy running a business, taking care of your business model, the costs related to the product and marketing strategies, a reliable development team can take care of choosing the right technologies for your web application and deliver the product just in time.
In this article, we will be discussing 6 relevant types of web applications and the technologies used to build them. Further explaining the best web development practices, trends and top technologies and see how web application development can turn your business around!
- Types of Web Apps
- Technologies for Web App Development
- Criteria for Selecting the Right Technology
- Benefits for Business
- Web App Development: Best Practices
- Top Web Development Trends & Technologies
Types of Web Apps
The classification of different types of apps is based on how they show the content accepted by them. Let’s delve into the functionalities and help you narrow down the type of web app suitable to your business needs.
- Static Web Apps – Static web applications are usually developed in HTML and CSS but not restricted to them. jQuery and Ajax can also be used as per the developer’s convenience. Animated objects such as GIFs, banners, videos etc. can also be included in the static apps.
However, the modification of content in static apps is not easy. They are hard to maintain and the content does not change unless it is changed physically on the servers. Static apps are loaded on the user’s browser exactly how they are stored on the server.
Though Static apps are cost-effective and take less time to load, no interaction is possible other than sharing information. It is a suitable choice for small business websites which require fewer content updates.
- Dynamic Web Apps – Dynamic web applications are complex to design and construct and are used when the information needs to be changed or updated often. They generate data in real-time, according to the user requests.
When the request for a dynamic page occurs on the web server, the page is passed to the application server. The users can upload the content as there are databases used at the server end, for data loading and CMS (administration panel) looks after the modification of the app content.
Different programming languages or tools can be used to build a dynamic web app i.e. PHP, ASP, JSP, ASP.NET, CGI etc.
Some of the major examples of Dynamic Web Apps can be popular social media apps such as Twitter, facebook etc.
- CMS (Content Management Systems) – Content Management System (CMS) is web application development software used for creating, managing and modifying the website’s content without needing any technical knowledge of web programming or mark-up languages. Without it, the content has to be written in a Static HTML file and uploaded to the server.
With CMS, users can easily edit and use plug-ins to extend the website’s existing functionalities.
Some of the major examples of CMS are WordPress and Joomla, which are easily customizable and highly intuitive. CMS web applications are best suited for content managers, bloggers, news websites etc.
- Single Page Web Apps (SPA) – Single page web applications allow users to interact from a single page. They are swifter and faster than the traditional web applications as they execute the logic in the web browser and not on the server.
The content on SPAs update dynamically and the page does not have to fully reload. Only one request is sent to the server and all the data received by the SPA is stored, which makes it work offline.
However, unlike multi-page apps, SPAs are less immune to the cross-site scripting attacks and are also not very compatible with SEO optimizations due to universal URLs.
The most popular single page web apps are the ones you use everyday – Gmail, Google Drive, GitHub etc.
- Progressive Web Apps (PWA) – The purpose of Progressive web applications is to improve the performance with the rich-features and allow mobile adaptability. Studies show that users are more likely to download a PWA because of its look and feel. Some of the key features include cashing, home screen instalment and better data transfer.
PWAs are more responsive and enhance user experience i.e. mobile web experience as they are available for users with any internet speed.
Technologies for Web App Development
Technology stack is what the application is based on and choosing the right one determines application or the product’s success. But let’s first understand what is the technology stack. It’s a set of tools and frameworks used for developing a product, components of which work together into creating a functioning web application.
Web development has two sides, front-end development i.e. the client-side and back-end development i.e. the server-side. The users view the client-side (front end), while the server-side (back-end) has the database application which connects the user requests to the database and the server.
Let’s delve into what these technology stacks are –
· Client-Side Programming – The client-side involves everything users can see on their screens and allows user interaction. These interactions occur in the browser and the components used are –
o HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) – Defines the structure of the data presented in the browser.
o CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) – Determines the style of content (fonts, colours, layouts etc.)
· Server-Side Programming – Server-side works behind the scenes and is invisible to the users. All the server-side tech stacks include – Operating System, Web server, Database, Programming Language and the web application framework. Some of the popular programming – Ruby, Python, PHP, Java, Scala.
Let’s take a look at the popular technology stacks are
o LAMP – Based on Linux (Operating system), Apache (web server), MySQL (database) and PHP (programming language)
o MEAN – MongoDB (Database), Express.js (app framework), AngularJS (front-end framework) and NodeJS (runtime environment)
o Django – Based on Python (Programming Language)
o Spring -Java
o Laravel, Codeigniter – Php
· Database – Database searches, filters, presents and sorts the data in the web application, based on user requests sent through a web browser. It also performs various calculations to support user queries.
A Database is divided into two
o Relational – MySQL, PostgreSQL
o Non-Relational – MongoDB, Apache Cassandra
· Server – Web Servers receive, process and deliver user requests in an HTML message form.
Most used web servers are –
o NGINX – open source
o APACHE HTTP Server – open source
o IIS – free and paid
Serverless technologies are the next evolution in web app development and have been a hot topic in the IT industry. They have helped developers to meet the business expectations and here’s how – Serverless Architecture.
Criteria for Selecting the Right Technology
Having learned about the web app development types and the technology stacks, let’s now move to get a clear picture of how to select a web development stack. While choosing a technology stack, you need to filter your options by analyzing your application requirements, including the specifications.
- Complexity type of Web Application – The first and one of the most important things is to determine the size and complexity of the application which you choose to develop. You must get a toolset (technology stack) which is necessary to build according to your plan and provide unique benefits to your app.
The projects or applications can be divided into three types –
- Simple – These web applications are created with simple ready-made solutions, such as WordPress.
Example: Landing pages, simple web stores.
- Mid-Level – These have more features and the architecture of these apps is more complex.
Example: e-commerce stores, enterprise-grade apps etc.
- Complex – These have built-in analytics, custom features and numerous third-party integrations.
Example: FinTech software, large e-commerce marketplaces etc.
- Simple – These web applications are created with simple ready-made solutions, such as WordPress.
- Time to Market – The way the technology stack supports reusable components and third-party integrations may influence the application’s Time-to-Market. Tools with easy integration can speed up the development process. Other than that, the developer’s expertise and familiarity with the tools is also important. And lastly, the quality of documentation. If you team up with the right web app development agency, you can launch the app just in time, easily reducing the Time To Market.
- Maintainability – Effortless maintenance is essential while you scale the application. The two factors on which maintainability relies on –
- Codebase – The codebase of the application should neither be concise nor too lengthy. Concise codebase goes through more debugging errors, while the lengthy codebase takes more time to process.
- Architecture – Application’s architecture should support scalability, reusability and portability. The stack should allow incorporation of extra frameworks and tools.
- Open Source Solutions – While selecting a technology stack, be sure to implement solutions that are open source. They are free of cost to allow limitless modifications as per the project. Selecting open source technologies to lower the initial development costs and maintenance fees as well.
- Development Cost – The more advanced the sophisticated the technology stack or programming language, the more the cost of development. One way to reduce the cost is by selecting open-source solutions.The other factor is the development team and their salaries, which depend on their expertise and the technologies they work on.
- Scalability – Scalability of the technology stack is essential for a business or their product to grow. The technology tools may have different scalability potentials. Therefore, check the horizontal and vertical scalability options.
- Horizontal – to add more physical machines or processing units to your current server or database.
- Vertical – to add more resources (CPU/RAM/DISK) to your current web server or database, as on demand or upgrading server hardware.
- Security – If your application highly depends on user data, look for technologies which allow you control access and permissions at feature-level, object level and field level. Features like authentication and authorization are important for external security. Most technologies have security guidelines mentioning the prevention steps and how to minimize vulnerabilities. Developers should work on building the web app according to the security guidelines.
- Developer Community and Documentation – While dealing with complicated technologies and frameworks, developers may find it hard to work if the code is throwing errors and the problem cannot be identified. This adds up to the time-to-market. Therefore, look for the technologies with good documentation and considerable developer community because the combination of two can overcome the issues quickly.
Benefits for Business
Web applications bring various benefits which help achieve business objectives more effectively.
· Web application runs on multiple platforms i.e. supported by any operating system, as long as the browser is compatible and users access the same version of the app.
· Considering the future needs of the business, a responsive app development environment and custom web application development has scalability which helps achieve that.
· Web applications are not installed on a system’s hard drive. Therefore, there are no space issues.
· Businesses can embed as many security features as required to strengthen the system.
· There’s less risk of piracy with the subscription-based web application feature.
· Web applications are flexible, customizable as per needs, cost-effective and they require less maintenance.
· Given the fact that business systems created by web apps are web-based, there is 24/7 accessibility as long as there is an internet connection.
Web App Development: Best Practices
- Follow Standard Rules – Each industry has certain standards which people should adhere to and the same goes for web development. People or users are used to the standardization and any attempt at reinventing them can put them off the track. For instance –
- Users should be able to notice hyperlinks in the main text, therefore, they should be clearly visible and sufficiently visible.
- The top right corner should have the Contacts, registration and authorization buttons and the top left corner should have the logo (with home page redirection)
- Same navigation map for all the pages and so on.
- Proper Documentation for Code – There should be proper documentation throughout the development process, right from the beginning. Everything from defining the idea to the final product needs to be documented.
The Roadmap, Research, Audience scope and security, Team collaboration, technology selection and the other technical workings, third-party vendors, managed servers, application layouts and designs, database structure, testing and lastly, maintenance.
- Mobile-Friendly as a Requirement – The web app should be accessible on multi-devices i.e. laptops, smartphones or tablets, all of which have different screen size and form factors. The product should have an adaptive design i.e. it should be correctly displayed on each screen type, adapting to its functionality and providing a good quality user experience.
- No Testing on Production Mode/Working Website – Frequent testing is important but it should never be conducted using a working website. There are test or development environments available, which should be used accordingly to avoid future website failure due to mistakes made while developing.
The dedicated testing/development environments help identify the errors long before they can negatively impact the website’s operations.
- Priority to Security – Security is the top-most priority and if neglected, it can cause a breach, data thefts etc., which can further negatively affect the company’s reputation. Websites are prone to intruders and in order to reduce the vulnerability, the product has to be built according to the security practices. Some of which are, Database protection, access permission allocation and HTTP connections, which should be implemented while developing the product.
- Choose Sensible Color and Typography for UI – Focus on web application’s design, look and feel. Studies show that colour coordination and typography leave a long-lasting impact on users and influence their perception. Developers must use the typography which makes the website stand out.
Content Management Systems (CMS) provide tools and features with which companies can easily update and manage the contents and designs of the website.
Top Web Development Trends & Technologies
In a highly competitive market, it is important to foresee what the new changes are, the trends and learn how to adapt them. Here are the 6 web development trends you need to consider.
- Machine Learning – Artificial Intelligence (AI), including Machine Learning affects our daily internet activities. AI or ML enhances cognitive functions such as learning, data collection, data analysis and allows multi-task automation. The software analyses the incoming data, makes decisions, detects trends and improves the performances without the direct intervention of developers. Which is why Machine Learning is becoming more prevalent with time.
Key features include higher customer satisfaction, increased customer base, less human errors, cost-efficient and better time management.
Example – Airnb employed ML to customize search results for guests and Netflix went even further and employed predictive content personalization for users.
Web Assembly harnesses hardware capabilities to be efficient, builds modular binaries, supports non-browser embedding, integrates the existing web platform etc. All these factors make it worth investing in web assembly to boost web app performance.
- Voice Search – Digital voice assistants have gained popularity due to their affordability and functionality. Smartphones are already equipped with them, which makes it easy to web search – Google Assistant (androids) & Siri (iPhones). Moreover, smart speakers are not that costly. Another reason for its popularity is the easy-to-use functionality. Voice Searches can affect SEO work, which is why developers should include the richest snippet for the voice search.
- Chatbots – Chatbots are created using Artificial Intelligence / Machine learning, which is used by big or small enterprises as online assistants, which are available 24/7 for users. Depending on the advancement of the chatbot, they can address simple queries, point users to certain products or pages, provide answers and can even lead them to purchase.
- Push Notification – Push Notifications have the potential to transform the remarketing effectiveness with their time, relevancy and preciseness. Push notifications have a great influence on customers. They are the direct link between you and your customers and can be used to target a specific user base, without any spam filters to get the message across. Wondering how to add this feature into your business website or blogs to engage with your clients? Engagespot can help in incorporating Push Notifications into your platforms and delivery messages seamlessly. Welcome messages, discount alerts, product announcements or sale are some of the major ways how push notifications are used. Some other companies providing push notification services are – Webpushr, Pushnami, iZooto, OneSignal etc.
Your Development Method
Having decided to build an application, there’s another thing which needs to be determined – How to organize the app development process? What team of developers to hire – Inhouse or Outsource?
- In-house Team Hiring – In-house development, you would be leveraging company resources to develop the required product. In this, you would need to invest a lot of money, assemble the right team consisting of different people and manage them. While the work is internal and has a better understanding of company culture, it requires salaries, infrastructure investment and also there can be a lack of skills. Moreover, the company should have all the resources and infrastructure required to build a successful product.
- Outsourcing Your Development – On the other hand, Outsourcing delegates the task. Meaning, a third-party software development agency is hired to do the development and all the software related work.
This approach gives you the flexibility to focus on the business objective and allows you to take care of other operations while the product is being developed by the Outsourcing company. Moreover, there’s better risk management and no hiring hassle.
Outsourcing is a perfect option for the companies whose core competency is not IT or the companies who have their hands full with other tasks and core processes. It is much more cost-efficient and reduces the time-to-market as the third-party has all the resources, team and infrastructure required to build the product.
Our Web Development Methodology: 6 Principles
1. Our highest priority is to ensure highest customer satisfaction through early continuous delivery of valuable software. We dispense changing requirements, even in the later stage of development.
2.. Frequently deliver working software, with a preference to the shorter time-scale. Because Working software – the primary measure of progress.
3. Close and Regular cooperation among developers and business people. And follow-ups through the best form of communication i.e. Face-to-Face.
4. Agile development through the sustainable development process and the ability to maintain it at a constant pace. How? By building projects around motivated and trusted individuals, providing the environment to support the need.
5. Continuous attention to technical excellence and good software design enhancement. The best architectures, requirements and designs emerge from a self-organizing team.
6. Simplicity is the essential art of maximizing the amount of work not done is essential. At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective and adjust its behaviour accordingly.
Selecting the right technology stack, in accordance with the type of app you want to build can be a real challenge. The key to build a successful product is to have the right team working on it, with the right technologies, following best practices.
The wrong choice and decision may end in business losses. Therefore, it is essential to keep up with the trends to give the business an edge in the markets. A team of professional web developers with all the resources can deliver a top-notch product with all the functionality you require and all in less time-frame.
Are you ready to give life to your idea?
Whether you’re looking forward to turning your idea into reality or to upgrade your already existing web application, aTeamindia has got you covered. We offer customized, scalable, robust and highly secure web development services to carve the future of your business.
Our team looks forward to serving and helping you achieve your business objectives.
Talk to our expert today! Drop a mail to email@example.com
If you are reading this, you must be on the lookout for the best web development company in Texas. Staying up to date with the latest web development technologies is difficult. New technologies, frameworks and platforms emerge yearly. But this is not a bad thing. A large number of technologies mean that we are able to develop a wide variety of products with diverse functionalities. However, as mentioned earlier, it is very difficult to keep up with all the emerging technologies.
This is why you need a good team or company to outsource your web development requirements. We have listed the top web development companies in Texas. Outsourcing to a good team or company enables you to produce the best results for your idea, vision or product. This is because a large number of team members allow them to keep up with all the relevant tech. A skilled team with many years of experience also enhances their expertise and shows that quality in their work. So, let us be direct and look at the 5 best web development companies in Texas.
aTeam stands out because of their passion. In addition to being the top in experience and skills, each team member was handpicked depending on their passion. The award-winning team works so well together because they love what they do. In addition to working with global companies around the world, aTeam also provides complete support to startups in building their first product or MVP to the release and launch of the main product. They are known to provide support even after the completion of a project. As a plus, aTeam also provides free consultation for project feasibility and digital transformation tactics for your enterprise.
Working technologies: Flutter, AWS, NodeJS, Laravel, Ionic, WordPress, VueJS and many more.
Completed works: grocery delivery app, EdTech Platform, TV commercial app
Pay per hour: $25
Location: Southlake, Texas
- Unified Infotech
Another award-winning tech company, Unified Infotech is one of the top when it comes to software and mobile app development in addition to web development. Their strategic approach in design and technologies has helped them to accelerate their standing in the web development field. The company also has patents for some of their custom solutions. They work with all kinds of teams and companies including startups and leading enterprises.
Working technologies: Laravel, Ruby, Python, NodeJS, PHP, Java etc.
Completed works: Citibank, Largo Films, London Rag, Bitmarket
Pay per hour: $35 – 50
Location: New York, United States
ELEKS is one of the top outsourcing companies in the region. Enterprise clients and SMEs are their regular partners. The company provides a wide variety of services across the US and Europe. The team is also large and diverse enough to support all sorts of projects including web development, software development, design, QA and R&D. They have been in the industry for 30 years and have a lot of experience in agriculture, finance, government, healthcare, logistics and retail.
Completed works: Aramex, Autodesk, AVG, Oculus
Pay per hour: $35 – 50
Location: United States, Ukraine
Iflexion is the expert when it comes to software, web and mobile app development. Their portfolio boasts 500+ customers and includes SMBs as well as fortune 500 companies. Started in 1999, Iflexion keeps the company up to date with the latest tech and quality specs. Their scope and experience speak for itself as they have completed more than 1500 projects over 30 countries. Other expertise includes content management, e-commerce, media content distribution, social software and web enterprise.
Working technologies: HTML, Dot Net, PHP, Java, Rails, Python
Completed works: Philips, Toyota, Adidas, Expedia
Pay per hour: $35 – 50
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Thoughtbot is one of the top web and mobile app development companies in the region. While based in Boston, Thoughtbot has offices around the world including San Francisco, New York, Washington and London. The company has been powering clients and projects throughout the globe earning a name for itself since 2003. Thoughtbot has a proven track-record since 2014. In addition to mobile and web technologies, they are also experts in research, strategy and design.
Working technologies: Ruby on Rails, React Native etc.
Completed works: LOLA, LevelUp, Tile, Code Climate, SplitFit, Houseparty
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
ATeamIndia is a digital solutions company. However, we are not just like any other digital solutions companies. What makes us different and the most sought after is how we incorporate emerging technologies into our modus operandi. Our team at aTeamIndia comprise a “handpicked” collection of passionate and hardworking humans who believe in making the web simple. Our motto is to make trending technologies accessible to everybody.
ATeamIndia is definitely a one-stop solution for all your digital problems. For a site to be successful, the website has to be user-friendly, smooth and attractive. Our brilliant IT team makes sure this is the case with all our projects. We also make sure that the content on the website is updated regularly. Through our development techniques, we help users and developers connect and connecting everyone around the world is one of our priorities.
Our first core value is transparency. We deeply understand the typical difficulties of collaboration with a remote team and do all possible from our side to reduce the impact of distance. Clients receive daily updates and answers not only for “what” and “when” questions but also for “how” and “why.”
The second and the principal core value – we don’t sell software development as a commodity, but we make an impact on the client’s business. We believe that long-term relationships are the key to the success of both parties, and we love to grow along with our clients. We empower their businesses with the right technology solution at the right time. We called it the growth-driven approach.
It’s the 21st century. We believe technology should work for you, and we made that vision a reality for all of our clients.
Our focus is on the bigger picture, with the object of finding the straight-line path to a client’s success. We favour dialogue and minimal friction, adapting to the unique requirements of every project.
WHY IS ATEAMINDIA THE BEST SOFTWARE OUTSOURCING DEVELOPMENT COMPANY?
⦁ Strict NDA and contract with the jurisdiction set to your own state in the US.
⦁ We have excellent experience in building web services that can be the backbone for your Android app.
⦁ Work for Hire – You own the intellectual property rights to your application. We do not reuse or sell your code or data.
⦁ 100% transparency
⦁ In-house team who can prototype, design, develop, test and get the application approved in the Google Play Store.
⦁ All projects are insured by third party.
⦁ Solid team who can help scale up or down your needs based on how your business is growing.
⦁ Excellent experience working on small to large projects from SMBs to Fortune 500 companies.
⦁ No third party outsourcing on design, development or support/maintenance.
⦁ Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Rackspace and Digital Ocean for your hosting needs.
⦁ With our global presence, we are affordable for startups, to SMBs, to large corporations.
Why Hire Software Developers in India?
If you are looking for more bang for your buck, you are in the right place. Software developers in India provide services at a lower rate than other countries comparatively. However, this does not mean that the quality differs. Besides providing top quality services at reasonable prices, Indian software developers also have the following advantages.
Skilled Developers: The software development competition in India has led tech companies to hire only the best developers.
Efficient Workflow: Indian software developers work at the time that the client is comfortable with whether you are in Asia or the States.
Modern Technologies: Software developers in India excel in all modern technologies and continue learning new tech to keep up with the technological competition.
Services and Offerings
· Web & Full Stack
Build professional and award-winning websites from scratch with the help of web and full-stack developers. Develop both front-end and back-end with consistent workflow and design. Take full control of your project whether it is a custom web app or a dynamic website with the service of the top web and full-stack developers.
Mobility is the future. The use of mobile phones is increasing rapidly when compared with desktop PCs and laptops. It is all due to the mobility it provides. Every app in your device is easily accessible in your pocket and all it needs are a few taps and swipes. Hire the best mobile app developers who are experienced and skilled to make the best apps. Hire top mobile app developers and go mobile with Android, iPhone or both.
· E-Commerce & CMS
E-commerce has become a highly popular and prominent space due to COVID and lockdown situations. Develop e-commerce platforms with the best e-commerce developers so that you can provide products to the doorsteps of your customers. CMS features help you to become a developer yourself without the coding part. A highly experienced and skilled team must be hired to make robust e-commerce as well as CMS platforms because we do not want errors and bugs happening as these platforms also deal with people’s finances.
Why Hire Developers From aTeamIndia?
Now you know the reasons why one should hire software developers from India, why aTeamIndia specifically? Good question. Besides being one of the best development companies in the region, aTeamIndia does not work like other companies. As the name suggests, aTeamIndia is more of a ‘team’. More than programming and development, aTeamIndia gives utmost priority to clients, passion and team. Read on to learn about the key features that we offer.
Key Features We Offer
⦁ Work with the Best: While statistics are important, passion is what drives one to do the best. Work with the best developers who love what they do at aTeamIndia.
⦁ Confidential Data: For confidentiality, an NDA agreement is mutually signed by both parties. Your data is safe with us.
⦁ Clients First: Clients are our primary priority and therefore, we continuously communicate with the clients for regular updates and on making the relevant decisions. This is why we have 100% client satisfaction.
⦁ Time is Money: We give utmost importance to time and have completed all projects before the deadline. We will continue to do so.
⦁ Years of Experience: Each member of our team is experienced in the field and are experts in making a plan of action and reaching the set goals.
⦁ Maximum Efficiency: All the mentioned key features along with many others combine resulting in maximum efficiency. Save costs on HR, training, bonuses, insurance etc. and ensure a higher ROI by hiring us.
⦁ Dedicated Team
⦁ Fixed Price Model
We have a dedicated team for each project and will assign a project lead that will act as your point of contact and go-to for everything related to the project. Our pricing models are also flexible and provide two options: Fixed Price Model and Hourly Price Model.
· Post your requirements
· Determine technology stack
· Select the engagement model
· Receive developer CVs and statistics
· Schedule and conduct technical interviews
· Sign contract
· Get started!
Benefits of Hiring Dedicated Developers
Everyone is human and humans make mistakes. So when you juggle multiple projects among different developers, there tend to happen mistakes along the way. This is why you need a dedicated team with a singular focus. This minimizes the margin for error and provides more efficiency comparatively.
· Easy to handle
· Enables you to focus more on business
· Quick response especially in urgent situations
Frequently Asked Questions
How much time is required to start a project?
We provide dedicated teams for each project and so, a new project can be kickstarted within a few hours of signing a contract.
What are the payment models while hiring Indian software developers?
You can either hire on a fixed price model or an hourly basis model.
Will I have complete control over the developers that I hire from your company?
100%. It will feel like it is your own team in action.
With whom shall I contact regarding the progress of the project?
A project lead will be assigned to you for all the communications.
How can I communicate with my hired developers or project lead?
You can use our PMS (Project Management System) which you can use to monitor the daily progress of the project. You can create and assign tasks to developers. You can also communicate through messages, chat, mails, calls, video calls and conferences.
How many working days do your developers work in a week?
Our developers work 5 days a week except on Saturdays and Sundays. If it is urgent or a high priority situation, our developers are available 24×7. They are also always available for your queries.
How many working hours do your developers work in a day or a week?
Our developers work for 8 hours a day (40 hours a week).
How much experience do your developers have?
We have a team of more than 35 developers with an average experience of more than 7+ years.
Do you offer discounts if I need a large team?
Yes, we offer discounts depending upon the project and the number of developers needed.
What if a hired developer leaves or does not answer due to urgent situations?
Every developer we have are our full-time employees and so, they do not leave easily. We can replace a developer if requested. We always have backup developers in case of emergencies.
What if I want to replace or change the developer I hired?
Yes, we provide an option to change the developer if requested.
How can I trust you with my intellectual property and data?
We sign an NDA before commencing the project. Your IP and data will always be safe when working with us.
What are the rates to hire a developer?
The average hourly rate is 18$ per hour. However, the rate depends on the technology used for the project.
How long does it take to build a software or complete a project?
The time required to build a software or complete a project purely depends on the type of technology used to tackle the project and the amount and type of functionalities it carries. We specify a timeline after discussing the project with us and always complete the project before the deadline.
What is the length of the contract?
The length of the contract depends on the type of agreement and project.
Can I see the resume or CVs of the developers before hiring?
Yes, we provide detailed resumes or CVs of the developers.
Will the developer that I hired work for anyone else while working on my project?
No, all developers hired by you will be the dedicated team for your project. They will work exclusively on your project.
Have Business or peers who are looking to hire a dedicated development team? Share this with them!
Countless frameworks help you to bring your ideas into reality. The one thing that makes Flutter stand out is that it enables you to create a native mobile application with just a single codebase. Yes, you read it right: one codebase to build two different apps for Android and iOS. This is the shortest definition of Flutter. What’s more? It is created by Google and is a free open-source framework.
Key Features of Flutter That Makes It Ideal for Development
Now that you know what Flutter is (in the shortest form), let us look at the key features that make Flutter stand apart when it comes to development.
- Hot Reload
One of the standing out feature of Flutter is Hot Reload. This feature saves a lot of time as it lets the developer view the changes made instantly in the application itself. Developers love this feature as it also lets them fix bugs quickly on the go. The instant preview feature lets the developers go wild and try out new experiments.
- One Codebase – Two Platforms
Shoot two birds with one bullet with the cross-platform development feature. As stated earlier, Flutter enables to create native mobile applications for two platforms (Android and iOS) with a single codebase and a single programming language (Dart). Did you know that the UI and apps of Fuchsia (the new OS that is supposed to replace Android in the near future) are being designed with Flutter?
- Widgets, Widgets and Widgets
Flutter has provided importance to developing widgets and its customisation. Complex, as well as simple widgets, can be integrated to replace traditional methods. Flutter also provides the option to build apps using only widgets from its list of ready-made widgets. The material design support and glitch-free performance of the widgets provide a smooth experience for the user.
- Hot Reload
One of the standing out feature of Flutter is Hot Reload. This feature saves a lot of time as it lets the developer view the changes made instantly in the application itself. Developers love this feature as it also lets them fix bugs quickly on the go. The instant preview feature lets the developers go wild and try out new experiments.
- Smooth Curves
New users have claimed that Flutter provides a fast learning curve. Integrations such as Firebase, platform APIs, etc. makes the entire development process a delightful experience. The detailed documentation available helps new as well as experienced users to take their Flutter skills to the next level. The framework being free and open-source also plays a huge role in making Flutter one of the most popular frameworks in 2020 and beyond.
Flutter vs. Native
Flutter offers many big advantages when compared to native platforms. One such advantage is the cross-platform support. Like mentioned earlier, the same codebase can be used for multiple platforms such as Android, iOS, Web, Desktop, etc. Flutter has also been improved with many versions which can bridge the gap and provide the same stability and performance like native apps to an extent that there is no difference.
Why Flutter Is the Best Option for Startup Mobile App Development?
Flutter is also an efficient and optimal option for startups. Following are some of the reasons why startups should take note of Flutter.
- Maximum Results with Minimum Effort
Cross platform application development is an attractive opportunity for startups as they can launch their application on different platforms tapping a lot of users. Your application will have more exposure and will be able to reach a larger set of audience. This will also increase the number of potential downloads that too with fewer development efforts as you are just using a single code for all these platforms.
- Now Frameworks Can Reload Too
With the help of Hot Reload, errors can be quickly fixed during the development process itself. It will not have to be recompiled or redeployed. After fixing the error, you can start where it was left off. This feature is what increases the overall productivity. It gives developers the freedom to experiment without any delay.
- An Arsenal of Useful Tools
Flutter is integrated with Firebase. Flutter Google platform provides a host of services such as storage, hosting, cloud functions, etc. This can be used by startups. They will benefit as the infrastructure becomes serverless and scalable. Usually, developers have to do the job of creating tools by themselves. But Firebase offers these tools. This makes development easier. Development can also be made automatic with these common tools.
Limited budget is a problem faced by many startups. While creating an app, you will have to spend on iOS app developers as well as on Android app developers. Flutter avoids this. It opens up the venue for many ways of budget-friendly development. Widgets that come with Flutter also makes sure that you can create an amazing user interface without spending separately on this aspect of development.
- Perfect for MVPs
Flutter framework is naturally perfect for MVPs (Minimum Viable Product) as it immensely reduces cost. You need not create two different apps and maintain them. This makes development cheaper. This, in turn, negates the need to have a large team. You only need one developer for your MVP. The performance is great to such an extent that you will not see the difference between a native app and a Flutter app. Your MVP can also be made more attractive. As widgets help you customize according to your wants, you can create appealing UI for users.
- Vibrant Community
Since Flutter is growing popular by the year, it has a growing and vibrant community. Developers actively contribute to this community.
Flutter App Development Services
Flutter helps in the development of apps and products like a hybrid app, native app, cross platform, for web etc.
- Hybrid App
Flutter is compatible with both iOS and Android making it the best framework for building hybrid applications. The Dart language is also something that makes it a great platform for a hybrid app.
- Native App
There are several advantages you can gain from building native applications on Flutter. Flutter helps with creating blocks in the user interface. Its documentation and tools also add to the easiness of native app development. Moreover, it has customizable widgets.
- Cross Platform App
If you want a cross platform application which has a great user interface, with great native performance and less time to market, then Flutter is the best option. It provides unique features to cross platform development.
- Flutter for Web
Popular Flutter Applications
Using Flutter for their second-hand trading platform Xianyu has been the best tech practice according to Alibaba’s tech team. This giant e-commerce company uses Flutter for many other cross-end solutions. Their application has more than 50 million users. What attracted them was the ease of implementation provided by Flutter. It helped them bring detailed product pages online as quickly as possible.
New York Times
Flutter is behind the popular New York Times puzzle, KENKEN. With a single code base, it provides an interactive, native experience. It is also the first prototype that used Flutter for web development. It provides great user interface across Android, iOS, Mac and web.
It is another famous application that has benefitted from Flutter. It is a lifestyle application for journaling and mindfulness. Reflectly, through Flutter, lets you create stories on personal journals, reflect on a question a day, personal insights etc. while providing a great interface.
Why Hire aTeamIndia Flutter Development Service?
aTeamIndia is one of the top Flutter app development companies in India. We have gained many years of experience in mobile app development and Flutter has become our favorite framework since its inception in 2018. Our Flutter developers are also familiar with the most recent versions of Flutter. Our passionate and hardworking developers have put in a lot of research and work for creating applications for both the platforms. We use our unique digital solutions and the features offered by Flutter app development like quicker development, great and expressive UI, etc. to create cross platform applications. We also ensure a cost-effective development process within a brief time. With Flutter’s customizing capabilities, we can create products across a wide variety of sectors like finance, entertainment, travel, food and more.
- Extensive Experience
- Superior Performance
- Flexible Hiring Model
- Comprehensive Reporting
- Global Clientele
- Fixed Pricing
- Round the Clock Support
Are you trying to develop different versions of a single application for two different platforms? Why do that when you can use one codebase to build a native application for Android and iOS? Let me rephrase; why shoot two birds with two bullets when you can shoot down two birds with one bullet? Also, the ‘one’ bullet is free. Did I get your attention now? Yes, we are talking about Flutter which is a free, open-source framework created by Google. Its highlights are cross-platform development, short learning curve, customisable widgets and Hot Reload! No, I did not add all my favourite features from different frameworks. These are actually the features of Flutter.
Have friends or relatives who are looking to hire a dedicated development team? Share this with them!
To know more about ateamIndia offerings, drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
One thing that is common about successful businesses like Spotify, Uber, Instagram etc. is that they have all used a Minimum Viable Product at one point in their development.
A minimum viable product is a basic version of a product that only has few sets of features usually for specific users in order to have a speedy launch in the market. The main aim of the MVP is to deliver a quick product in less time while at the same time reducing the costs involved in development. This is mainly done to acquire data and feedback that can be used to make modifications to the product in future. aTeamIndia has completed many MVP projects which have ultimately ended up to be successful products.
Often businesses and startups depend on investments and external funding. For this, you have to pitch in an idea first. The investors must be able to repose their confidence in the product. aTeamIndia can deliver you an MVP that will ensure the investors that the product will earn good revenue, reduce the check out times etc. It will prove the market validity of the product to the investors. Since MVP is fully functional in spite of being a minimum version of the product itself, the investors get to see a physical product. Stakeholders are only interested in products they can use and understand and one that can be easily launched into the market and get steady and rapid returns without having to wait much.
aTeamIndia also gives you a great opportunity to test your business idea. Not all ideas will do well in the market. With an MVP, you can see If your product idea is market validated. They can understand how their target audience will respond. It will be a product with only core features and not the final product. With the market reaction, you will get more direction as to where to take your product next. Once the product is launched into the market, you get insight into what demographic of people are more attracted to your product and how they behave with the product. You can then customise the product to suit these potential customers. If you launch a full-blown product, it is going to be difficult to change or make modifications as it would require an entire process of rebuilding. A great example of an MVP turned into a success is Instagram. It is a photo-sharing application as we know it now. When it was launched, it was mainly themed around a GPS feature. This was later changed based on market response.
With aTeamIndia’s MVP services, it is all about checking whether your idea will click or not. It is a way to understand what the market wants. Initially, when you have an idea, it might seem practical and look like it fulfils the needs of your potential customers. But this is often not the case. There might be a situation where your product is not needed in the market or there are other products that can do the same service as yours. With an MVP, you learn to make your product unique and wanted by the customers.
AWS or Amazon Web Services is owned by Amazon and it is a cloud storage which particularly benefits businesses. It has many functions other than offering storage. It helps with regulating the database, analytics, deployment services which help you to be more cost-effective etc. By hiring AWS engineers, your business administration stands to benefit a lot.
AWS engineers can help you to lower your production and development cost exponentially. Their services are accessible to all kinds of businesses, ranging from giant corporations to startups irrespective of the size of traffic they receive. They also offer you more flexibility. Flexibility is important when you want to expand your business. AWS cloud gives you flexible storage and e-commerce solutions to support the growing needs of your business. Thus, it grows with your business.
AWS gives you the freedom to grow as you are not restricted by a contract or a commitment. There is also no minimum amount that you have to spend in order to avail the services. The server-based services have an hour system where the charging is based on how many hours you have utilized the services. This system is applicable irrespective of your business size. It will make sure that you do not overpay for resources that remain idle. Your demands can also be expansive as there is no contract into which you have to limit it.
AWS engineers give you access to other data experts other than themselves if at all there is a problem. The access is also made to be restricted so that there is only authorized access. There is also an IAM services tracking system in order to track when and how users access.
The storage system has a multi-factor authentication mechanism and encryptions. When it comes to storage, security is the most sought after feature. A robust security system is what is expected out of the internet service provider. This can be provided by an established team of AWS engineers.
AWS has a wide-ranging network of killed technology experts that provide you with reliable and consistent services. A secure system is what allows businesses to build a strong data infrastructure. These features point towards the high-performance capabilities of AWS. This also makes AWS engineers the best option to hire. It is a great way to go if a custom application is your dream. You get to choose the programming language, database, the operating system etc. Thus, the solutions can be made according to the requirements. What they do is utilise the resources already existing and put them to the best use instead of pushing you into an unfamiliar program and costing you extra money. Some businesses can take great advantage of these customization packages and the user-friendly platform offered by AWS. aTeamIndia are the best AWS engineers that you can hire for your business solutions. They have many years of experience and knowledge working with AWS. They help you to carry out your project with the minimum time. Yet they help you to deliver a secure application that is also budget-friendly.
aTeam has a different connotation in the world of software development. aTeamIndia represents a team of the best software developers in the country. Different businesses have different aims and milestones that they want to achieve. For this purpose, sometimes your business might need custom management system or maybe your business will get a boost if they avail AWS services or you might have doubts regarding which framework is the most appropriate for your business. These might be questions that you are not equipped to answer. But the talented developers of aTeamIndia can answer these questions and doubts. Your job is to come with an idea and the rest is in the hands of aTeamIndia. Irrespective of the size of your business, aTeamIndia will work along with your team to choose what is best for your business. Thus, their team cooperate with yours to make sure that only the best practices are employed.
If you hire aTeamIndia, then you get the most experienced hands that you can rely on. They can be trusted to solve even the toughest of technical solutions. They have carried out various diverse mobile development projects. So basically they have done it all. How they have aced their game in the industry is that they can identify the correct technical approach out of many options that are available. They consider the needs of the clients while doing this. Thus, they bring a confident and seasoned perspective when it comes to software development. Such an experienced hand is particularly important in the field of mobile development. Once mobile apps were only viewed as ways of marketing or a marketing tool. But now they play a crucial role in our life. They are also important to run our business. They have numerous records of clients that have received seamlessly working mobile applications. Not just in mobile development, aTeamIndia continues to prove their prowess in desktop development as well.
They have been making powerful and robust web applications for their clients for years now. They produce groundbreaking software, applications for multinational corporations, security systems, monitoring systems, auditing solutions etc. This kind of diverse work is what has increased their success over many years. They build mobile applications, websites, web applications. web redesigning, web designing, storage, content management, e-commerce solutions etc. Sometimes there might come a situation where you do not really know what would benefit your business. in such a time you can consult them. They will guide you through making your idea into a product. Manual work like planning, defining, estimating the amount of work etc. which usually require a lot of time and resources can be easily done with aTeamIndia. Your project can immensely benefit from their agile process. In addition to all their services, they provide other diverse services to giant corporations as well as government agencies. They have a team of developers passionate about coding and they do the impossible every day. Their portfolio is a great testimony of how many successful projects that have undertaken.