There has been a significant shift to PWA. Trusted web activities come as a tool with which we can use these PWAs in a much more effective way. They are a new manner in which web content can be incorporated in an application. This whole process is based on a protocol which in turn is based on Customs Tabs.
Following are some of the features that make TWA trending in the software world.
Since the application and the website belong to the same developer, the content in TWA will be trusted as the name suggests. This is enabled using a function called Digital Asset Links.
- These activities originate from the web. Users can see it just like how they will be able to use it in their own browser but except it will be in fullscreen. This content, which is for the web, will be useful in the browser as well.
- The browsers and Android apps will have updates independently. Thus, they will have separate updates.
- Unlike other applications, cookies and local storage do not work the same way in a TWA. The app that is hosting cannot directly access the content that is displayed on the web. However, the access can be attained by passing the data to and from the page in the form of URLs.
- The shift between the web and native content happens between activities. The activity will be provided either by web or Android.
- For previewing the content of trusted web activities, there is no standard as of now. But they still have to meet the requirements of adding to the home screen.
- Even if a user’s version of Chrome does not support TWA, it will work on a simple toolbar which uses a custom tab. A different browser can also use the protocol that TWA uses. The hosting application is what ultimately decides which browser will get opened. But it is always recommended to use the same policy as that of custom tab. If the user’s browser has all the features that are required, then the default browser can be used.
- The base technology of TWA is founded on a protocol called custom tab protocol. They are generally used for the purpose of getting web content embedded on native apps. A great example for this is that you might click on a link on a Twitter page but you might not leave the page but be redirected to the link page while still remaining in the same page. Trusted asset link also is a great mechanism to assure ownership.
Even though trusted web apps are relatively new, their trend has caught on and everybody is using it readily. It offers developers a much wider choice. Hybrid apps that provide a web view will now have an alternative. Developers will not have to stick to using hybrid apps. aTeamIndia are one of the most trusted TWA developers. There TWA development team have managed to launch successful PWA apps with these features.